Yesterday I finished up the light green baby blanket I’ve been working on. Still with a month to spare!
I thought a round, frilly border would be a good accent for this very geometric pattern, so I whipped up some shells around the edge. The border went so quick that I somehow felt I was cheating or being sloppy. I guess crocheting still comes easier to me than knitting.
I used size 6 (4.25 mm) needles with light weight yarn, so it turned out quite stretchy and light. Then I went and used some huge crocheting hook (size K, 6.5 mm) for the border so it would be as stretchy as the blanket.
It also makes a nice sort of wrap to wear.
Anyway, it has Pippin’s approval!