Here’s my first stab at an amigurumi doll. I think she turned out fantastic!
I did the head and torso in one piece and each of the limbs separately, because I wanted lots of flexibility in the shoulders and hips. I mostly made up the pattern as I went along, BUT I wrote it down so I could tweak it for future iterations. For example, with my next doll I’ll see how a more proportional head looks. Also, changing colors at different points would be an easy way to put clothes on her.
Next: to figure out who she is and give her a face, hair, and clothing! This will be a great way to use up stash scraps.
Edit: I made a .pdf of her pattern: Basic Big-head Amigurumi Doll Pattern. It may be a bit slapdash, but I assure you it is more intelligible than the original version. Enjoy.